Terms and Conditions for ProsperUs Campaign – “ProsperUs x Ryde NUS Orientation 2023” (the “Campaign”)
- This Campaign is organised by CGS-CIMB Securities (Singapore) Pte. Ltd (“CGS-CIMB”) and is valid from 13 June 2023 to 31 August 2023 (both dates inclusive) (“the Campaign Period”).
- This campaign is open to students enrolled at the National University of Singapore (NUS) during the Campaign Period. Participants will be rewarded with Ryde credits (“Ryde Credits”) subject to fulfilling the applicable requirements of this Campaign as described below.
- Participants who had previously opened a ProsperUs global investment account with CGS-CIMB (“ProsperUs Account”) and had closed such account within the 12-month period prior to 13 June 2023 shall not be eligible to participate in this Campaign.
Requirements and Rewards
- Participants who sign up for a ProsperUs Account with the promo code “NUS2023” at the ProsperUs booth during the NUS orientation camp and install the Ryde mobile application will receive Ryde Credits of SGD5. The reward will be credited to the participants’ respective Ryde account after scanning the QR code provided at the said booth.
- Participants who successfully open the ProsperUs Account with the promo code “NUS2023” within the Campaign Period will receive additional Ryde Credits of SGD50.
- Additional Ryde Credits can be earned if the participant fulfils the following trading requirements using their newly opened ProsperUs Account during the Campaign Period:
(a) Participants who execute one (1) buy trade will receive Ryde Credits of SGD50; and
(b) Participants who execute a total of (3) buy trades will receive Ryde Credits of SGD50.
- To fulfill the trading requirements in paragraphs 6:
(a) each trade must be executed by the end of the Campaign Period;
(b) the trades exclude any foreign exchange and crypto foreign exchange products; and
(c) if the participant decides to execute any of the trades on the Singapore Exchange (“SGX”), a minimum trade value of S$1,000 is required per trade.
- The table below illustrates a summary of the rewards available if the requirements described in paragraphs 4 to 7 above are met:
|Sign up for a ProsperUs Account during the NUS orientation camp with the promo code “NUS2023” and install the Ryde mobile application
||Ryde Credits of SGD5
|Successfully open the ProsperUs Account during the Campaign Period
||Ryde Credits of SGD50
|Execute one (1) buy trade during the Campaign Period
||Ryde Credits of SGD50
|Execute a total of three (3) buy trades during the Campaign Period
||Ryde Credits of SGD50
- In relation to the rewards described in paragraphs 5 to 7 above, CGS-CIMB will notify the successful participants by way of email within thirty (30) Business Days from the date the relevant requirement is fulfilled with instructions on the redemption of the Ryde Credits. “Business Days” means any day except Saturday, Sunday and any gazetted public holiday in Singapore.
- The rewards are non-transferrable and cannot be converted into cash or otherwise exchanged for value.
Other Terms and Conditions
- The rewards from this Campaign cannot be earned in conjunction with any other ongoing campaigns.
- CGS-CIMB’s employees, representatives and agents are not eligible to participate in this Campaign.
- Although CGS-CIMB shall endeavour to distribute the rewards under this Campaign promptly, this is subject to availability and accordingly, CGS-CIMB shall not be responsible for any delays whatsoever nor shall there be any compensation payable in respect of any such delays.
- CGS-CIMB reserves the right to withdraw or substitute the rewards under this Campaign with any other items (but shall not be under any obligation to do so) without prior notice and without assigning any reason.
- By participating in this Campaign, each participant is deemed to have read, understood and agrees to be bound by the foregoing terms and conditions of the Campaign, CGS-CIMB’s General Terms and Conditions, and the terms and conditions of any other agreement(s) that the participant may have entered into with CGS-CIMB.
- CGS-CIMB reserves the right in its absolute discretion to terminate, vary, delete or add to any of the Campaign’s terms and conditions herein, at any time without prior notice and without having to disclose any reason therefore and without any payment or compensation whatsoever to the client.
- CGS-CIMB, its affiliates and their respective employees, directors, officers, representatives and agents shall not be liable to any person for any loss, damage, injury, costs or expenses incurred, suffered, borne or arising from this Campaign.
- The decision of CGS-CIMB on all matters relating to or arising from this Campaign (including the eligibility of any trade to be considered within the scope of this Campaign, and the eligibility of any person to participate in this Campaign) is absolute, final and binding and no correspondence and/or requests to retract and/or to modify any such decisions shall be considered. In the event of any inconsistency between these terms and conditions and any marketing material relating to this Campaign, these terms and conditions shall prevail.
- CGS-CIMB reserves the right to modify, terminate or suspend this Campaign for any reason and without any prior notice whatsoever.
- These terms and conditions are governed by and interpreted according to the laws of Singapore and the participants in this Campaign agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore.
- This Campaign shall not be construed as an offer, recommendation or solicitation to buy or sell any securities. The participants are advised to make their own independent evaluation and to consult professional advisers before undertaking any transaction.
- Any person who is not a participant shall not have any rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 2001 to enforce or benefit from these terms and conditions.