1. This Campaign is organised by CGS-CIMB Securities (Singapore) Pte. Ltd (“CGS-CIMB”) and is valid from 01 January 2023 to 31 March 2023 (both dates inclusive) (“the Campaign Period”).
2. Applicants who open a new global investment account with CGS-CIMB (“ProsperUs Account”) within the Campaign Period shall, subject to fulfilling the applicable requirements below, be eligible for a cashback (“CashBack”) credited to either their:
(i) ProsperUs Account; or
(ii) ShopBack account.
3. The account that the CashBack is credited to is more fully described in paragraph 6 below. A CashBack of SGD30 will be credited to you when you open the ProsperUs account and make an initial funding of SGD1,000 or more into your ProsperUs Account upon account opening and no withdrawal is effected on all or part of this amount for at least 30 calendar days from the date that such funding amount was made to the said account. A CashBack amount of SGD100 will be credited to you if you, in addition to fulfilling the requirements in the preceding sentence, also execute at least three (3) buy trades successfully by 30 April 2023 after your ProsperUs Account has been set up. This is subject to the criteria described in paragraph 4 below.
In addition, the table below illustrates the two CashBack amounts described above.
||Amount of Cashback
||Depositing a minimum of SGD1,000
||Depositing a minimum of SGD1,000 and executing a minimum of (3) three buy trades
4. To fulfill the trading requirement in paragraph 3 above:
(a) each of the three (3) buy trades must be executed by 30 April 2023.
(b) the three (3) buy trades exclude any foreign exchange, crypto foreign exchange products, contracts for difference (CFD) and options contracts.
(c) if the applicant decides to execute any of the (3) buy trades on the Singapore Exchange (“SGX”), a minimum trade value of S$2,000 is required per trade.
(d) if the applicant decides to execute any of the (3) buy trades in respect of mutual funds products, a minimum value of S$2,000 is required per trade.
5. For the avoidance of doubt, and save as specified in these terms and conditions, the Cashback is non-transferrable and cannot be converted into other currencies or otherwise exchanged for value.
6. The default account that the CashBack is credited to shall be the applicant’s ProsperUs Account. CGS-CIMB will email all applicants by 3 May 2023, informing them of the CashBack and informing the applicant of the default account that the CashBack would be credited to (i.e., the ProsperUs Account). Applicants who intend to opt for the ShopBack account cashback are required to respond to CGS-CIMB’s said email by 15 May 2023 and notify CGS-CIMB accordingly. Applicants who opt for the ShopBack CashBack will receive redemption codes from CGS-CIMB by 31 May 2023, which are to be used on the ShopBack application for the purposes of receiving their ShopBack account CashBack.
7. The existing commission rates available at https://www.prosperus.asia/pricing/ will continue to be in force during the Campaign Period. All other fees such as clearing fees, SGX trading and settlement fees, GST, etc., shall continue to be borne by you.
Free Market Data Subscription
8. As an additional benefit, applicants will be rewarded with free level 1 market data subscription for U.S. stocks (more particularly described below) until 30 June 2023.
9. The free level 1 market data subscription for U.S stocks that would be made available to Applicants consists of the following exchanges:
b) New York Stock Exchange
c) AMEX and ARCA
Other Terms and Conditions
10. The rewards from this Campaign can be earned in conjunction with any other ongoing campaigns if reflected in the respective terms and conditions of such campaign.
11. CGS-CIMB’s employees, representatives and agents are not eligible for this Campaign.
12. Although CGS-CIMB shall endeavour to distribute the CashBack promptly, CGS-CIMB shall not be responsible for any delays whatsoever nor shall there be any compensation payable in respect of any such delays. CGS-CIMB shall be entitled at its sole and absolute discretion to forfeit the CashBack or disqualify any applicant from participating in this Campaign.
13. By participating in this Campaign, each participant is deemed to have read, understood and agrees to be bound by the foregoing terms and conditions of the Campaign, CGS-CIMB’s General Terms and Conditions, and the terms and conditions of any other agreement(s) that the participant may have entered into with CGS-CIMB.
14. CGS-CIMB reserves the right in its absolute discretion to terminate, vary, delete or add to any of the Campaign’s terms and conditions herein, at any time without prior notice and without having to disclose any reason therefore and without any payment or compensation whatsoever to the client.
15. CGS-CIMB, its affiliates and their respective employees, directors, officers, representatives and agents shall not be liable to any person for any loss, damage, injury, costs or expenses incurred, suffered, borne or arising from this Campaign.
16. The decision of CGS-CIMB on all matters relating to or arising from this Campaign (including the eligibility of any trade to be considered within the scope of this Campaign, and the eligibility of any person to participate in this Campaign) is absolute, final and binding and no correspondence and/or requests to retract and/or to modify any such decisions shall be considered. In the event of any inconsistency between these terms and conditions and any marketing material relating to this Campaign, these terms and conditions shall prevail.
17. CGS-CIMB reserves the right to modify, terminate or suspend this Campaign for any reason and without any prior notice whatsoever.
18. These terms and conditions are governed by and interpreted according to the laws of Singapore and the participants in this Campaign agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore.
19. This Campaign shall not be construed as an offer, recommendation or solicitation to buy or sell any securities. The participants are advised to make their own independent evaluation and to consult professional advisers before undertaking any transaction.
20. Any person who is not a participant shall not have any rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 2001 to enforce or benefit from these terms and conditions.