||To qualify for investing in or trading CFDs, FX, Mutual Funds, Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs), Futures, Bonds, and Equity Options, you need to meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Relevant Education Qualifications.
- Have a Finance related professional qualification
- Minimum 3 consecutive years of relevant Work Experience in the past 10 years.
- Investment Experience of at least 6 transactions of any of the products in the last 3 years.
If you do not meet any of the above criteria, you will need to complete the required educational modules to satisfy the Customer Knowledge Assessment (CKA) or Customer Account Review (CAR).
CKA (For CFDs, FX, and Mutual Funds):
Sign up for and complete the free ABS-SAS E-learning module on their portal. The module consists of five modules, and you need to pass the assessment of the module(s) for the product(s) you’re interested in. To be eligible, you must score at least 13 out of 15. After completing and passing the module(s), upload your certificate on the Products page in the ProsperUs portal to apply for eligibility.
CAR (For ETFs, Futures, Bonds, and Equity Options):
Sign up for and complete the free SGX SIP Online Education Module. The module covers the key features and risks of the products and takes approximately 40 minutes to complete. You need to score at least 15 out of 20. After passing the module, upload your certificate on the Products page in the ProsperUs portal to apply for eligibility.
Once approved, the eligibility is valid for a specific duration:
- CFDs, FX, and Mutual Funds: Valid for one year. You will receive an email notification when the renewal is due.
- ETFs, Futures, Bonds, and Equity Options: Valid for three (3) years. You will receive an email notification when the renewal is due.
It’s important to assess your risk appetite and conduct due diligence before investing or trading, as these products are suitable for clients willing to take on more risk.