Spilling the Tea on the US Market • 15 April 2021 •
Over half of the value of all the world’s stocks lies in US markets. But why is it so big?
We dive into what makes the US such a magnet for global investors as technology, innovation and accessibility swing the pendulum in favour of long-term investors.
- 0:00 Introductions
- 7:26 Recap: Why the US Stock Market
- 8:37 Trading hours of NASDAQ and NYSE
- 11:58 Big winners + innovation
- 14:20 Panelist Discussion – Difference between Dow Jones, S&P 500 and Nasdaq 100 + Which is better for general retail investors?
- 15:49 Panelist Discussion – What does Nasdaq closing refer to?
- 16:30 Innovation tends to produce winners
- 18:35 Why stocks and where to focus?
- 22:18 Long-term investing WORKS
- 31:34 ADRs: Global Marketplace
- 34:20 Psychology of Investing lesson
- 36:11 My Investing Experience
- 37:00 Panelist Discussion – What effects does political tension have over dual-listed stocks in the US?
- 38:26 Panelist Discussion – Sentiments on Grab SPAC + What is the difference between SPAC and an IPO?
- 40:55 Panelist Discussion – Comments on Coinbase (Cryptocurrency exchange)
- 44:03 Upcoming Sessions
- 45:23 Q&A Session